Data protection declaration
of sminds Ltd. with registered office in CH-3952 Susten (CHE-112.741.919; Commercial Register Oberwallis)
Valid from: 25.05.2018
The processing of personal data of visitors to the websites www.sminds.ch, www.sminds.at, www.sminds.eu, www.sminds.asia, www.sminds.cn, www.andermattdialog.com, www.bankerscom.ch, www.bankerscom.eu, www.bankerscom.cn, www.bankerscom.asia, www.bt-forum.ch, www.energycom.ch, www.energycom.asia, www.healthcom.asia, www.healthcom.swiss, www.insurancecom.ch, www.insurancecom.eu, www.insurancecom.asia, www.insurancecom.cn, www.propertycom.asia, www.swissexecutive.net, www.itsourcing-forum.ch, www.propertycom.ch, www.propertycom.eu, www.swissexecutive.net, www.swissexecutive.net and www.uvision.ch, (hereinafter "Websites") and of other persons through whom we process personal data, is subject to Swiss data protection law, in particular in accordance with the Federal Act on Data Protection (DSG) and, where applicable, foreign data protection law, such as the Basic Data Protection Ordinance (DSGVO) of the European Union (EU). The EU recognises that Swiss data protection law guarantees adequate data protection.
Processing of personal data
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
A data subject is a person through whom personal data is processed.
Processing includes any handling of personal data, irrespective of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, procurement, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law. In all other respects, we process personal data - insofar as and to the extent that the DSGVO is applicable - in accordance with the following legal bases:
- Article 6(1)(a) DSBER for the processing of personal data with the consent of the data subject.
- Article 6 paragraph 1 letter b DSGVO for the necessary processing of personal data for the performance of a contract with the data subject and for the implementation of corresponding pre-contractual measures.
- Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. c DSGVO for the necessary processing of personal data in order to fulfil a legal obligation to which we are subject in accordance with any applicable EU law or in accordance with any applicable law of a country in which the DSGVO is fully or partially applicable.
- Article 6(1)(d) DSBER for the processing of personal data necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person.
- Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f DSGVO for the necessary processing of personal data to protect the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, unless the fundamental freedoms and rights and interests of the data subject prevail. Justified interests are in particular our business interests in being able to provide the websites, information security, the enforcement of our own legal claims and compliance with Swiss law. We process personal data for the duration required for the respective purpose(s). In the case of longer-term storage obligations due to legal and other obligations to which we are subject, we shall limit the processing accordingly.
Collection and processing of personal data; consent of the data subjects
This data protection declaration describes how and which personal data we collect and process through the following channels:
- (a) When accessing the Websites, in particular when entering information in contact forms, registration pages or when users register for an e-mail newsletter. By accessing the websites, the user declares his agreement with this data protection declaration. Any user who does not agree with the contents of this data protection declaration has to refrain from accessing further pages of the websites.
- (b) Within the framework of registration for events and other events organised and carried out by us with the express consent of the persons concerned.
Evaluation of visitor accesses
When accessing the websites, the user`s Internet browser automatically transmits the following log data to the web server for technical reasons:
- Date of access,
- Time of access,
- URL of the referring (previously visited) website (referrer URL),
- retrieved files,
- the amount of data transferred,
- duration of stay, entry pages, exit pages and abort quotas,
- Search terms entered in the search mask,
- Origin of visitors by country,
- Browser type and version as well as browser plug-ins used,
- Operating system and version,
- IP address
These log data are stored by us in a log file to guarantee data security. The stored data is used for the purpose of tracking unauthorized access attempts and access to the web server. Any further use of the log data is made exclusively for statistical purposes in anonymous form.
Search terms that are entered into the search mask on the websites are used exclusively by us to carry out the search query and are stored together with the log data.
The websites are protected by appropriate technical and organisational measures against loss, destruction and manipulation as well as against access, modification or distribution by unauthorised persons.
We store the data collected through the access of users as well as through cookies or through the entry in contact forms on registration pages exclusively on our own and the servers of our web hosting partners, which are secured by suitable security measures and are located in Switzerland and Germany.
We also attach great importance to internal data protection: Our employees and the service companies we commission in connection with the creation, operation and maintenance of the websites have been bound to secrecy and compliance with data protection regulations.
Disclosure of data to third parties
We only pass on personal data collected via the websites if (a) the person concerned has expressly consented, (b) there is a legal obligation to do so or (c) this is necessary to enforce our rights, in particular to enforce claims arising from a contractual relationship.
Rights of data subjects
Users through whom we collect and process personal data via the above-mentioned channels have the right, upon written request, to obtain information free of charge about the personal data stored on the user during his or her visit to the websites. Furthermore, the user has the right to have incorrect personal data about him corrected and his personal data deleted. However, information can only be provided and requests for blocking and deletion can only be processed by us if the user identifies himself sufficiently and informs us in writing of the IP address(es) used by him when accessing the websites.
Persons about whom we process personal data have a right of appeal to a competent supervisory authority for data protection. The supervisory authority for data protection in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
Use of the data
By registering for sminds AG events, you consent to sminds AG processing personal data collected by us in this context and relating to you as follows:
- 1 List of participants;
Your first name(s), your surname, the company/organisation and the function which you belong to the sminds event according to your registration will be mentioned on the list of participants which we hand over to all participants with the event documents.
- 2 Mailing list; sending information and marketing material
In the future, we will send you (a) management summaries of sminds events, (b) information about sminds community activities and (b) invitations to other sminds events to your e-mail address that you provided when you registered for the sminds event.
If you no longer wish to receive this information or marketing material, you can notify us at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- 3 Mediation of contacts with third parties
We will use your personal data according to paragraph 1 above to bring you together with other participants and personalities at one-to-one contacts organised by us and/or spontaneously during the sminds event.
- 4 Images
During the sminds event, accredited service providers commissioned by us will take pictures. These images are used by us both for the documentation of the sminds event itself and for the participation of individuals as well as for public reporting and for marketing purposes on our website and in the social media.
In the case of photographs in which the focus is on you as an individual or in a group of persons, you have the right and the possibility to inform the accredited photographers commissioned by us at any time that you do not wish to be included. Should this not be possible or not be observed, we will not use images taken by you for the above-mentioned purposes and delete them or have them deleted by our service providers if we are notified accordingly.
Contact addresses and responsibility
Enquiries from affected persons and supervisory authorities can be sent to us as follows:
by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by letter post to: sminds AG, Nordstrasse 9, CH-8006 Zurich
Our data protection representative in the EU according to article 27 DSGVO:
VGS Datenschutzpartner UG
Am Kaiserkai 69